The internet has made a quantum leap since the early days in the mid 90s. These days, a representative user spends 4 hrs on an average browsing the internet as compared to zero a decade ago. Whether the business is big or small, the meaning of the internet in promoting the business can not be downplayed. Despite this, it is really appalling to know that many businesses are still not using this tool at all, and even though some are using it but not successfully enough. The internet has brought about a phenomenal change to the landscape of publicity and become the most sought-after medium of support in the modern business.
Prudent businessmen always think in proceed and keep up with the times in order to sustain the thrust of the growth of their business. They keep track of the changes occurrence in the internet landscape to remain aggressive. There are some points that the businessmen are supposed to be up to date with in order to feel at ease with this technology. They are as follows:
Having a website is very inexpensive affair:
The cost of owning a website has become very affordable which costs anyplace from $300 and this is inclusive of domain name emails etc. The monthly hosting can cost anywhere from $10 and upwards depending on the type of services. This, indeed, is very minor as compared to putting and ad in the yellow pages.
Let’s say you are visiting a town and you are looking for a local Chinese restaurant. You have internet access in your hotel room and you do the natural thing and go to Google and type ‘Chinese restaurants in Minneapolis’. If your site is not listed on that page, you potentially lose a client and if you don’t have a website, you stand no chance. This is just a simple example.
If you have a website but it’s not working:
Remember - having a website is not enough. If it is not properly designed, it is just as good as non-existent. Don’t try to save money by putting up poorly-designed website by some novice web-developers. It might save you some money for now, but it will cost you heavily in the long-term. Consider the following points while putting up your website:
• The site should be easy to navigate and it should contain all the essential information you want to convey to your guests.
• The content of the site should be search-engine-friendly so that major search engines like Google, Yahoo, and MSN pick up you website when guests search for the products and services offered by you. In a nutshell, the content should contain all the necessary keywords that visitors usually type in the search box.
• Apart from putting up a good website, its promotion should also be taken care of. You can add links to directory services and other websites to draw traffic to your website. Besides, you can submit articles related to other websites and send regular newsletter. Just make sure that these articles are relevant to your products and services. This is called link campaigning and it plays a vital role in promoting your websites. It also builds and increases the loyalty among people which helps your business grow faster.
Don’t be complacent if the going is great:
There are many businessmen who are making money at the present moment, but are discouragement the importance of the internet as a potentially growing medium of advertisement. They must realize that there are hundreds of other companies coming up every day with better service quality and cheaper price. So, what becomes vital here is the way they promote their business in order to draw the customers. Hence, every practical businessman should understand the importance of internet marketing.
Although the above points are extremely crucial to the growth of your businesses, but the key is to find a vendor who is knowledgeable with ample designing experience and know-how about Google, Yahoo and other major search engines. Make sure that the vendor is also able to meet your future needs such as customization of the website and help with online marketing as well as adding additional rich-features helpful to your site.
Ferdouse Khaleque is an IT Director & Marketing Specialist for Semibase Inc. His company develops small individual websites to fully custom developed database driven websites. Some of Semibase services and products include the following;
1. Semibase.com – Full array of services – Web design, web hosting, custom design, online marketing, ecommerce, online business development.
2. MenuStation.com – Online directory of local restaurant menus with full online ordering capability.
3. Communalmarket.com – Portal website for communities.
4. Datingstage.com – Fully featured dating web-service with over 200K members.
To Join: Through article
Web URL: http://www.menustation.com
Owner: Richard Jackson
Submitted On: 2007-03-29
[FORWARD THIS TO A FRIEND] [COMMENTS (0)]