A Career in Computer Games Industry
For anyone that enjoys playing computer games want a career in a computer game industry. There are a lot of job that will allow them to incorporate their love of video games with a high paying but there are some basic educational requirements that require being fulfilled the eligibility for the particular positions.
Computer games today have absolutely huge amounts of complex code and can take years to complete and for that reason a lot of the games have many different production teams all working simultaneously on a project, with each working in their own field of expertise.
There are various options in the video game industry along with basic requirements and pay range.
1. Game Programmer: Generally, programmers are the most sought after and require a very serious educational background. Since this position is very technical therefore the person competing for this post should hold bachelor's degree within the computer science field or engineering. Average pay ranges from $53,000 to $93,000 per year (differ from company to company and from place to place).
2. Game Animator: the post of an animator is the most creative one and the candidate must hold broad ideas and clear concept on sketches, illustrations, creating models, and special effects. Some knowledge of computer programming as well as experience in the gaming industry besides associate’s degree vs. bachelors is the educational requirements. Average pay ranges from 42,000 to $66,000 per year which may vary from place to place.
4. Game Designer: Very closely related to programming except in game design. The respected candidate emphasizes on the story lines, plots, rules. A bachelor's degree within the computer tech field for this post is required. Average pay ranges from $43,000 to $68,000 per year that may vary from place to place.
5. Game Tester: The job is to work out the kinks in a game before it is distributed to the public and for this you need to have a sharp eye for detail so that you are able to analyze and provide quality assurance and good communication skills to easily communicate your findings once you have completed an assessment of a game. Average pay ranges from $30,000 to 49,000 per year though it may vary from place to place.
6. Game Developer: A developer is more involved with all aspects of a game prior to release and should have experience with game technologies. Average pay ranges from $45,000 to $70,000 per year may differ from place to place.
Therefore it is your sole decision to decide which type of position best suits you. There is endless assortment of options to choose from online waiting for your visit.
Web URL: http://www.bubblebox.com
Owner: Cade Wilson
Submitted On: 2007-11-16
[FORWARD THIS TO A FRIEND] [COMMENTS (0)]